Will there be pain after the surgery?
Expect mild to moderate swelling, with a little pain but with good antibiotics the pain and swelling can be kept to a minimum.
Are dental implants successful?
With more than two decades of clinical experience and thousands of patients treated, crowns and bridges supported by implants are highly successful. Our statistics confirm a success rate of nearly 95 percent for individual implants.
Will I be able to chew with the same force and pressure I use with my natural teeth?
Yes. Following a brief adaptation period, chewing capacity is comparable to that of natural teeth.
Will my new teeth look natural?
When dental implants are used in combination with modern restorative dentistry, their appearance, comfort and function are very likely to exceed your expectations.
How will dental implants affect my life?
Implant-supported replacement teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth. This means that you can eat and drink whatever you are used to. Most importantly, dental implants often improve quality of life in a very concrete way. People who have felt embarrassed and worried because of their tooth problems are often overwhelmed by what new permanent teeth can do for their self-esteem.
What are the advantages of dental implants over dentures or a bridge?
When you lose entire tooth – crown and root – shrinkage of the jawbone may cause your face to look older. Dental implants can stop this process. A traditional denture or bridge doesn’t.
Maintained natural teeth:
With traditional practices, two teeth adjacent to a missing tooth must be ground down to anchor a bridge. Dental implants often eliminate the need to modify healthy teeth.
There are no loose parts to worry about. The implant is stable and comfortable. No adjustment is need after installation. Normally, it will serve its owner for life.
What information can be found in my health record?
Health record is created any time you see a health professional such as a doctor, nurse, dentist, chiropractor, or psychiatrist. You could find the following in your health record:
- Your medical history and your family’s medical history
- Labs and x-rays
- Medications prescribed
- Alcohol use and sexual activity
- Details about your lifestyle (smoking, exercise, recreational drug use, high-risk sports, stress levels)
- Doctor/nurse notes
- Results of operations and proceduresGenetic testing
- Research participation
- Any Information you provide on applications for disability, life or accidental insurance with private insurers or government programs
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Number
- Financial information such as credit cards and payment info
Who has access to my health records?
Many more people than you would ever want, including people outside the health care industry.
- Insurance companies
- Government agencies especially if you receive Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP, SSI, Workers Comp or any local, state or federal assistance
- Banks, Financial Institutions
- If you are involved in a court case, your health records can be subpoenaed and available to the public
- Drug companies
- Data miners
- Transcribers in and outside the U.S.
- Many health websites collect information about you
Can my personal health information be used and disclosed without any notice to me or without my informed consent at the time of treatment
The Amended HIPAA Privacy Rule states only that you must receive a Privacy Notice telling you how your personal health information will be used and disclosed. Section 164.520(c) (2) (i) (A).
Privacy Notices are often mistaken for consent forms, but they are simply notices telling you what will happen to your medical records.
Mamji Hospital spreads over 3500 Sq. Yards located at main Shahrah-e-Pakistan for 100 beds with a modern planned building with devoted dedicated and highly skilled staff and doctors.
Get in touch
C-19, Block-17, Federal "B" Area, Near Water Pump Chowrangi, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. Post Code: 75950